From Problem Solving to Solution Design
Turning Ideas Into Actions
By J. Eduardo Campos & Erica W. Campos
Creating solutions to solve problems can often prove very difficult to accomplish, even for seasoned solution designers. Complex organizational problems have several stakeholders, endless variables, and a myriad of possible solutions. It’s hard enough to figure out where to start, and even harder to realize what the perfect, mutually-beneficial solution is.
With their combined tenure of over 50 years, J. Eduardo Campos and Erica W. Campos present their solution-designing expertise in From Problem Solving to Solution Design so that you can learn from their successes (and their failures) to craft sustainable solutions for complex problems.
Specifically, you will learn how to implement the I.D.E.A.S. framework that they have been perfecting over the years, which includes five critical checkpoints that any solution designer must hit to create solutions that are successfully envisioned, negotiated with stakeholders, and implemented to last over time.
- Identify the essential problem and prioritize your actions to solve it.
- Design solution options aligned to your goals.
- Engage your stakeholders in the solution and influence the decision-making process.
- Act on the agreed-upon recommendations and execute your governance model.
- Sustain the implemented solution by creating a feedback loop.
Treat this book as your field guide: it offers clear checkpoints for you to assist your organization in designing effective solutions for complex problems.